Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Saturday, August 21, 2004

Frantic Friday

2 1/2 tonnes of Photocopy paper arrived in boxes today, hand unload of the truck but to get the truck into the play ground was a production, could not go through the front gate as cement trucks were going down the drive so took it through the side gate but it would not fit under the trees so had to trim the branches off so the truck could get underneath!
I don't have a chainsaw as it was stolen /mislaid before I arrived there and the principal doesn't like them, all the branches were hand sawn off.

after the hand unload the paper had to go up two flights of stairs to be put in the storeroom near the print room, If you have seen the Mickey Mouse film the sorcerers apprentice with the broom carrying the pails you can visualize what I looked like.
Took 5 hours in between other duties.
one of which was to "Get under "E" block and look for a gas leak" derr how am I supposed to see gas? Its a vapour and cannot been seen, teachers just have no idea and no I didn't take a match with me.

Then as I was half way through that a load of toilet paper and hand towels arrived! I am meant to finish at 3.30 after putting them all away I finished at 5.45 oh and I don't get paid overtime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home