Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Tuesday, August 24, 2004

The hook behind the door

I have put a hook and eye on the back door to the admin block, the hook is attached to tthe skirting board and the eye is on the door its about 6 inches off the ground.

Why was this put on you ask it was because the teachers were putting a chair to hold the door open thus blocking the pasageway. It's an OH&S issue, the hook and eye have been there for 12 months now and guess what the teachers are still using the chair to hold the door open!

And then complaining that the chair is restricting their access through the door.

apparently the starting rate for a high school teacher in NSW straight out of unversity is $44000, commonsense is obviously not a pre requesite

Be afraid be very afraid these ppl are teaching your children.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home