Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Wednesday, August 25, 2004

The Blind.

Today an interesting vignette on a blind

Teacher "Hey Willy I have a small problem in my room that even an idiot can solve"

Note teachers contempt for Willie also the inference that as he has been exposed to higher education that the solving of such a problem was beneath him.

Willy "What’s that?" Thinks penicillin might solve it

Teacher " My Blind doesn’t work"

The blind in question was a roll blind with the chain like cord that operated the blind from the side, this cord was knotted together and the blind was in the half way up position with the knot was hard up against the pulley.

Teacher “There’s something wrong, it won’t roll up” demonstrates by tugging on the cord. Blind refuses to budge because of knot binding on the pulley “See”

Willy just looks at the teacher, grasps the other side of the cord and pulls so the blind unrolls and having reached the end of its travel proceeds to roll its self up in the other direction.

Willy “There you go” as the blind reaches the top of its travel.

Teacher “ Oh thanks very much”

Teacher is on $46000

Willy is on $28000

Perhaps they should pay according to intelligence!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home