Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Friday, August 27, 2004

The Sign

I have had a sign made for the side gate of the school, there has been a bit of trouble with parents driving onto the school grounds to drop of their children, is it really going to hurt the little darlings to WALK?

Anyway back to the sign, it says NO ENTRY STAFF ONLY in big letters we also use this gate for deliveries to the canteen but I had the sign made this way because
If I put AND DELIVERIES on it the parent would say " I am just delivering my child".

No kidding that's the way the parent mind works.

The sign is 400mm X 700mm and permanently wired to the fence.

So a brown car driven by an Asian woman comes racing in to the playground at speed without any thought for other peoples children who were using the playground and entering via the gates pulls up near the big rubbish bin and disgorges and Asian Boy as the woman turns the car around I Indicate to her to stop and she does so.

Willy " Excuse me Madam, but you are not permitted to enter the school grounds, there is a sign on the fence that prohibits entry."

Asian Woman "I am so sorry I do not speak English" this with a BBC accent! {she must be ex Hong Kong}

and then drives off this is the typical parent mentality.

Willy has out foxed them, I have got them bluffed now by letting their children know that I take down the Vehicle registration and pass the details onto the Police so that they may be fined. The only thing Parents understand is MONEY sad isnt it.

The fact that other peoples children might have been injured by their driving and that it is also an offence to enter enclosed lands without permission is beneath them it does not enter their minds.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home