Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Wednesday, January 19, 2005

Back in the saddle again

Well back at Skool, I went looking for the graffiti and could not find it!
Hmm it must have been removed.

On Tuesday Beatrix Potter came {It's not his real name} from the graffiti Removal Company, we walked around the whole Skool but could not find it, He came during the holidays but the builders would not let him in without me being there.

From the conversation I had with the woman on the telephone you would have thought tha whole walls were covered with spray paint. {And don't try to tell me it's art} I cannot recall any of that spray can graffiti here before 1980 it was a film called "Beat Street" that started it all off, another American product that we did not ask for.

Later the security Guard came back and showed me where the graffiti was.

Guard; "Well here it is, its not much"

Willy; "I'll say its not much!" looking at size of graffiti

Guard; "Yeah well it's offensive to someone, Ya know I spent 22 years in the Army and I was taught to Kill em not love em"

Willy; "oh?" wonders what he's going on about

Guard; "Ruination of the country,this Multiculturalism"

The graffiti was in lead pencil the letters were 1/2in high and the whole thing was two sentences one above the other 12 and 8 inches long

DUNE COONS ARE SO
UGLEE AND SO STOOPID

Guard; "Ya know it's probably true!" looking at the graffiti

Willy; "For some people yes" {least this is taken out of context, I mean those who write those things}

Guard; "Bloody country is so full of f***ing do gooders"

What a sad burnt out old man

Later Principal Skinner contacts Willy

Skinner; "Willy I want you to organize to have carpet laid in the English staffroom by the end of the week"

Willy; {thinks and you want me to walk on water and to turn water into wine} "I will see what I can do but don't hold your breath"

Skinner; not listening "It was to be done so the English department can organize it's staffroom before the 1st day"

Here we have lack of organization on my part, means supreme effort on your part

Steps involved in carpet laying
  1. get three quotes {getting them to come and quote is hard enough but 3! I have to get three quotes for work that will cost over $1000.00 { I have a few tradesmen who give quotes for $990.00 inc GST none of them lay carpets}
  2. Meet with the carpet people and explain what is required 3 times
  3. Try and get the successful candidate to fast track the laying {not a snowballs chance in hell}
  4. Listens to Skinners put downs when it is ultimately unsuccessful.

Listen up, Willy to world if you wanted it done you should have started sooner!


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home