Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Monday, January 31, 2005

Yer used Me Skinner, Yer used Me!

He's done it again

as mentioned previously his command of the English language is less than perfect.

The builders were taking out partitions in the old buildings so that the walkway for the new building could be connected, now Skinner wanted to save the varnished plywood wall panels but does he tell the builders that we want to keep the varnished plywood wall panels

NO he tells then that "we want all the timber" that's it everything the door frames the studs the noggins etc what he meant to say was "we want the varnished plywood wall panels"

As a consequence the builders left the lot! Which Willy had to clean up, now Skinner gets very upset that the builders cannot read minds. I don't mind working but I object to being made look a fool by someone who is not willing to admit that they have made a mistake.
He is a maths teacher after all.

The human story does not always unfold like a mathematical calculation on the principle that two and two make four. Sometimes in life they make five or minus three; and sometimes the blackboard topples down in the middle of the sum and leaves the class in disorder and the pedagogue with a black eye.
Winston Churchill



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home