Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Get a Job

This happened the other day

Teacher: Willy is it true you will be leaving us when the new building is complete?

Willy: Yes

Teacher: Why?

Willy: I am not paid enough I cannot live on $428.56 a week, I can exist but I want to live. I have a trade that will pay double that a week!

Teacher: Well if you got another job at the weekends you wouldn't have to leave here.

{what he means is if you leave we wont get any one who works like you}

Ah teacher logic, wonderful isn't it

Why should I have to give up my weekend working? I wouldn't be able to do the things I want to do if I am at work.

In fact there are 70 teachers at the school if they each paid $1.00 out of their wages per week to me I would be able to start to live.

No I'm out of here as soon as I can.

2 Comments:

At 11:44 am, Blogger FXH said...

act like a teacher - knock off at 3:30 pm and do some freelance lawnmowing till 5pm or something - give yourself a free period each day and sell drugs to the kids or their parents.

 
At 8:16 pm, Blogger Stumpy said...

Come on teachers don't knock off at 3.30, those that have not already left because they have their free period as the last one of the day leave at 3.10, driving over the children as they exit

I am too stuffed by the end of the day to do anything!
As for selling drugs I would not want to cut into a market that is already sewn up

 

Post a Comment

<< Home