Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Edumucation Week

Thanks be to God that it's over.

I have spent the last two weeks cleaning, painting, mowing and repairing around the skool even then I still did not get it all done.

There were only 30 replies from the parents that were coming so we catered for that. Well guess what 200 turned up!

I opened the new toilets in the new building especially for them and spent time arranging the old library so it could be used as a feeding station.

Then one of them has to go and throw up in the A block corridor as if I don't have enough to do with out cleaning up parent spew.

Now I have received a certificate from the Edumucation Department thanking me for my efforts, bugger the certificate I am tired of that touchy feely crap "Show me the MONEY"

About the only thing that happened was that we planted a small pine seedling in the grounds, so what I hear you say but this one was special it was from the famous Lone Pine at Gallipoli.

Those that know me will understand why I deem this to be the most significant event of the year so far.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home