Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Colleagues

I have today been to the G.A. conference, have you ever entered the room and felt the collective IQ rise?

Now I thought that I was Bolshie!

I am a Right Wing Death Beast compared to these blokes

The conference starts at 8.30 (note the time)

I was the 2nd youngest there, I sat next to an elderly Englishman who had the worst case of dandruff that I have ever seen, it was even sprinkled on his ears.

The most common question was where do you work?

One bloke at my table used to work at a Primary skool but as it's numbers had fallen under 500 had lost his position and was working at district office.

Willy "Have they offered you a job permanently anywhere else?"

Man "They offered me a High skool but when I saw what they wanted me to do I said no"

Later during the staffing Q&A a bloke stands up and says

Bloke " I have been a casual for 15 years who come I can't get made permanent?"

Staffing Officer "There are permanent jobs going in this district in High skools"

Bloke " Stuff that I don't want to work that hard!"

{I had wondered why I was falling asleep in front of the news.......}


Then to top it off during the lecture on the new maintenance contract 3.15pm came around. Now this was the official finish time on the program so 70 blokes got up and walked out in the middle of the lecture as it was "knock off time"

Now as it had started at 8.30 they should have stayed till 5.00pm.

as I said before more Bolshie than me

Help me, I don't want to end up like them. Now you see why I must escape

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home