Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Friday, August 12, 2005

Computer calamities

Today 36 new computers arrived and 36 monitors so guess who had to carry them all up two flights of stairs. It took me 5 hours! And my weak knee is killing me.

After I had taken them up the stairs and stored them and I had to work back to do it and there is no overtime as I could not leave them outside on a Friday afternoon I would not leave them outside on any occasion as they would not be there when I returned the next day, this conversation occurred

Principal Skinner: “Willy you didn’t have to take those up the stairs, the delivery men had to it was in their contract”

Willy: “Oh” thinks then why didn’t you tell me that when I contacted you and asked where the computers were to be put.

Note to self: must obtain information by osmosis

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home