Groundskeeper-Willy

The Blog of a Groundskeeper-Willy who is employed in a state high school in NSW. I like my job but can't live on the money $412.50 per week. {Now $428.56!} {Now $436.99!} {Now $455.27!}To live I will have to return to my trade so I have started looking, but so that my experiences in the education system are not consigned to the rubbish bin of posterity I am going to record them here.

Monday, September 06, 2004

Religion

Arabic Boy: “Uh Sir what religion are you?”

Willy: who knows when confronted with a difficult question to turn it back to the person who asked, “What religion are you?”

Arabic Boy: “ I am a Muslim”

Willy: “you will never guess what religion I am”

Arabic Boy: “Christian?”

Willy: “nope”

Arabic Boy: “Catholic?” note that he thinks that Catholicism is another religion

Willy: “nope”

Arabic Boy: “oh Sir you’re not JEWISH” with a tone of distain in his voice

Willy: “ No I'm not one of the chosen people I’m Jedi”

Arabic Boy: “What’s Jedi?”

Willy: “ you know Star Wars, Use the force Luke” makes light sabre gestures

Arabic Boy: with wonderment in his voice “ how do you get to be Jedi?”

Willy: “I put it on my census form”


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home